How do you use the New Moon Energy?
Did you know that today is the first New Moon in the Astrological New Year?
Nope, neither did I until I read Jennifer Racoppi's thoughts on this New Moon......
So what is the Astrological New Year?
Well to put it into simple terms - Aries is the first Zodiac Sign on the astrology "calendar".
As the sun travels through the sky, he moves through all the zodiac signs during the course of a year, and he moves into the house of Aries on March 21st, and out again on April 19th.
I know what you're thinking.......What has the moon got to do with my menstrual cycle???
Quite a lot actually.
1. The moon governs bodies of water - and we are bodies of water.
2. Anything that's going on in nature, is going on within us - As above, so below.
So what does that really mean?!
Well basically, you know how the moon goes through phases?
It starts with being dark and not visible - as in a New Moon - and then the moon "grows" in the sky, getting bigger, and bigger, until it becomes a Full Moon - then it begins to "die" getting smaller, and smaller, until its a New Moon again!
And the whole process stars fresh.
Weeeeeell, a woman's menstrual cycle directly relates to the moon - as in - we go through the same phases.......
We start with bleeding (New Moon).
We then stop bleeding, and start to grow an egg, the egg gets bigger and more ripe as we move towards ovulation (Full Moon).
After we've ovulated, the egg dies, and our bodies start to move us back towards our bleeding phase again (New Moon).
Little side note: Not all women bleed on the New Moon, and ovulate on the Full Moon. I think this is partly because of the lifestyles we live, we're exposed to a lot of light, from screens, home lighting, street lights etc and this can mess up our cycles (not to mention all the other things that can affect a woman's cycle). I also think, sometimes there's a greater logic at play, and if you pay attention, often your cycle shifts - sometimes moving you closer to bleeding on a New Moon, and sometimes leading you closer to bleeding on a Full Moon - but that's a discussion for another blog.
My point is. Don't panic if you don't have your period on the New Moon!
Personally, at the moment, I bleed on a Full Moon. I'm not actively trying to change that, I'm just noticing.
So what's the difference between a New moon and a Full moon?
- A New Moon is a time of BEING. A time of new beginnings, a time to acknowledge what you've learned, a time to set your intentions or goals, it's a time to connect to the wisdom within yourself and decide how you want to move forward. It's a great time to listen to the vision inside your heart and womb. So, you know how I said before that New Moons are a time of being, they're also the time of moving into initiation, its like you put the key in the ignition and start the engine, you feel the dream, you sense it moving your spirit - and you start to move out of being energy, you rev the engine a little. After the New Moon, you begin to move out of being and into doing.
- A Full Moon is usually a time of DOING. A time of being active, and moving through the world in a way that supports your intentions, needs, and desires - since the New Moon, you will probably have been quite active in following your dreams, or changing things in your life so you feel better. Its a time of celebration and receiving, connection and fertility - acknowledging all you've done since the New Moon. It's a time when the moon is shining bright, it lights you up, nourishes you. It's a time for you to fully embody yourself and appreciate all that you've been working towards. It's a time to honour and love yourself, and really be grateful. Full Moons are a time of moving out of doing energy, and into being energy. It's kind of like you have a party for yourself, and then you begin to wind down into rest.
Wondering what you can do this New Moon...........?
Well - let's go back to the beginning and remember that this is the first New Moon in the Astrological New Year!
That's like a whole new, New Year, with an extra serving of "yes the fuck you can!"
So, go grab your journal, and write some stuff down.
1. Think of this time as a Reset - You might want to consider looking back over your "New Years" - as in 1st of January 2018 - thoughts, ideas, visions, goals and intentions.........And just check in with yourself......Is this what you still want? Why do you want it? Have you been taking action on it? Is there anything stopping you? What do you need to know / do - to move through that obstacle? What lessons have you been learning this year? How do you want to stand out from the crowd?
2. Ask yourself if you're being true to you - is there anywhere the real you isn't showing up?
3. Notice what actions you're inspired to take that would support your vision, don't over think it - just jot a few things down.
4. TAKE ACTION - Set the wheels in motion. Harness the power of the New Moon and move with her towards your wildest dreams.
Happy New Moon!
I hope you relish in the energy of darkness, warmth, and being comforted by the blanket of night, as you feel your dreams, needs and desires, moving you in the direction you most need to go.
See you there
Much love xx