"How you move through time, determines whether or not you will decline"
- Dr Christiane Northrup.
I know it sounds bizarre - but I've seen it first hand - when women live well, they start to age backwards......
This is a really selfish article - basically, today's my birthday, and I started to think about a few things I'd like to be able to do, to start doing, or to do more of - that would make me feel more full of energy, life, radiance and vitality!
And I thought I'd share them here - because none of us are getting chronologically younger, but that doesn't mean we have to get old.
I've written lists before, of things I wanna do before my next birthday - like a bucket list for the year - and that's been helpful, sometimes I've done the things and sometimes I haven't......and I definitely have a few key things I'd like to get the ball rolling on for this year - things I've been saying "I want to do that" for YEARS, and still don't get around to doing......
(is it just me?)
But this list is a little different.....it's kind of categories (bar a couple of things), that I wanna focus on, to bring more of me, into my life.
10 themes (in no particular order), I'm committing to for the next year.......
- Lights out 10pm - 5 nights a week (my 5 year old self is throwing her hands up - but my 30-something self is cartwheeling with bliss)
- Connection with Nature - my favourite flavour of time out - and there are so many ways to enjoy nature - are you keen to know more?
- Connection with Friends and Family - I heart the people in my life.
- Sensuality - What can I say, I'm a Taurus - this is a soul need - I'll share more about how I'm bringing sensuality into my life if you're interested?
- I quit refined sugar - I quit coffee and alcohol at the beginning of the year - why not sugar?
- Speaking kindly to myself - This is hands down one of my favourite things to do.
- Filling up on energy - I'll expand on this later......SO many things to say!
- F U N + L A U G H T E R - I don't have nearly enough of this in my world - So I'll let you know what fun looks like for me, and how I crack myself up in later posts!
- Meditation and visualisation - we all know it works.
- Strength and flexibility - Since I hurt myself, I've become extremely aware of how important my body is to me, and how much I want to love and care for it ......Again, I'll let you know what I'm up to.
I almost feel like I need to take before photos?!
Who am I kidding - I've totally taken before photos - but do I really want to share them?
Before photos are just photos, without the after photos.......
The whole point of this exercise is not to reduce wrinkles or greys, or to change my appearance, it's to be conscious of the way I'm moving through life - I don't want to decline - I want to expand!
What would expand you?
I'd love to see your list - do you have a birthday coming up? If not, maybe you could join in on my birthday?
Would you go with a bucket list - themes - or something else entirely? I'd love to hear your birthday rituals!
Share them with me in the comments.
See ya next week